As a small company we have only a very limited number of new positions available in our busy, creative team. If however you feel you have particularly pertinent skills and a special interest in working for our company, do send your CV and some background information to email@example.com. We shall take a look and keep an open mind.
Thank you for your interest in Talking Tables.
Report to the Talking Tables Procurement team leader
We are seeking a highly focused, self motivated individual to become our in-house technical expert.. The candidate is to become the font of knowledge on the compliance requirements of our product set and the quality of our factories. A true interest in the technical role is a necessity.
The role is demanding – fast and multi-tasking. The product range is varied. Talking Tables is growing fast and taking on new products, procedures and policies to reflect that.
As we have more, larger customers, they also place extra demands on us to have test certificates and audits in place for all our products and factories. It is a very high priority for our largest customers, especially on private label projects. We wish to show leadership and competence in this area to them.
As a company we deliver products across a number of areas:
- Table top “party” products that are new, innovative and fun to make a gathering more stylish and lively .e.g. for Christmas; wedding; New Year’s Eve; general family celebrations.
- Disposable paper party products (eg plates, cups, table covers; napkins)
- Indoor low level fireworks, including party poppers, crackers and sparklers.
- Cake candles.
- Children’s party products, including some in the toy category.
- Table Trivia games.
- Under private label our product range extends from games through party to paper stationery and ribbon.
Core values and attributes held by the Talking Tables team and required by candidate to be a fit in our culture:
- Quick thinking and acting. Lots of initiative. Bright and sharp; a self starter.
- Conscientious, honest and hard working.
- Strive to improve at all times.
- Contribute to team effort.
- Care about our customers and the service we provide.
- Friendly and pleasant
- Understand our product niche and empathise and be creative within our niche
- Understand our customer’s lifestyle and design aspirations.
Work style that is compatible with Talking Tables:
- Be highly organised and able to multi-task. Be able to work under pressure
- Be able to get stuck in with limited support. Be prepared to ask for help - don’t wait and feel helpless.
- Be able to work within a team and add value to total team effort.
- Able to deal with changing priorities and a fast moving pace.
- Able to work in a small business environment – where company is growing fast and not all processes and procedures are yet mature. We value initiative and desire to keep changing to improve.
- Creative – genuinely bring new ideas to the table – we are innovators in our industry.
- Be happy to talk to customers and show credibility in field.
- Team player – be happy to share and bounce ideas of other team members: product developers; designers; directors; customer support team and the supply chain staff.
- Numerate – able to deal with figures
- Articulate – able to put forward ideas in a constructive manner.
- Good written language skills – able to communicate appropriately and effectively to clients; describe products (for copy on product itself; for pre-marketing).
- Attention to detail – manage detail associated with new products; significant number of emails from Far East.
For this specific technical role, we require the candidate to be very capable across the following areas:
We need the candidate to have a genuine interest in this particular technical field and ideally to come to us with a base level knowledge. Particular product technical areas that affect our business include: Toy Safety; Explosives & Food Contact
- On daily basis liaise with Far East factories to request data relating to the technical nature of products (e.g. chain of custody on paper; availability of existing test reports; food contact suitability)
- Must show an ability to take initiative and show pro-active approach to dealing with technical issues
- Provide guidance to a team of Product Developers on what product testing and QA would be necessary for each type of product (toys; paper products ..)
- To support our account managers and product developers when liaising with customer technical teams. Show credibility and competence in all dealings with the customer.
- To manage and maintain maximum compliance on customer specific technical systems (eg those of large supermarkets).
- To help manage and initiate a system for recording audits (product; production & ethical) of Far East factories. Some audits will be specific to large retailers.
- Contact with major test houses and build strong links. Negotiate satisfactory rates.
- Contact with our local UK HSE representative and build a relationship.
- Ensure and maintain current and up-to-date compliance for general product safety, BS/EN, customer requirements and new directives.
- To have involvement in QA and QC and help maintain and draft initiatives to help improve this area i.e. AQL testing requirements.
- To set up and manage Technical Files for each product/range of products (these will be compulsory for toy items but also an effective way of managing other items).
- Assist the product managers in keeping to a critical path for product ranges, to ensure all areas are on track in order not to delay 1st production (e.g. audits, testing, specifications, inspection)
- Use our product development software PIMRa to maintain the database of product testing, BOMs, COCs and factory audits
- Ensure products comply with the relevant Toy Safety regulations
- Move explosive items onto the new BS/EN standard for fireworks (requires CE marking)
- Keep on top of requirements for EU timber regulations
Liaise with Factories
- Develop relationships with our factories (largely Far East)
- Have a thorough understanding of the factory competencies; product quality; manufacturing capabilities and compliance and ethical positioning. Be familiar with their current audit status and any outstanding audit issues to be addressed.
- Arrange regular audits in line with Talking Tables and lead customer needs.
- Assist factories in getting to required audit levels and visible on SEDEX.
Liaise with customers
- Have an acute awareness of our customer base and their stated needs for technical and ethical compliance.
- Develop relationships with their lead technical staff member.
- Offer credible answers to their technical queries in timely and accurate manner.
- Work efficiently on any reports or systems they require completed.
- Become respected by customers as an authority.
Please send your enquiry and CV to Bernadette Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a lover of American retailers who can help grow and support our US customer base. Would suit an American living in London.
Part time considered.
Please send your enquiry and CV to:
Clare@talkingtables.co.uk and Kerrie-Ann@talkingtables.co.uk
We have a number of different departments at Talking Tables and we would be delighted to hear from potential interns that may like the opportunity to work with us whilst gaining experience.
Our departments include; Accounts, Sales and Product Development. Currently, we would be particularly interested to hear from any interns looking for experience in Sales.
For more information, and to apply please e-mail email@example.com